« back to search results

Share
twitterlinkedinfacebook
Image 3 of 11
< Prev Next >
HK_IMG_0137.tiff
University Hall, formerly Douglas Castle.  Built between 1861 and 1867 by Douglas Lapraik, a Scots merchant.  In 1894 the Castle was sold to the French Mission who incorporated a Gothic Chapel and Crypt.  The main body of the building incorporated a printing workshop.  In 1954 the Castle was purchased by the University of Hong Kong and used as residence for male students.