University Hall, formerly Douglas Castle. Built between 1861 and 1867 by Douglas Lapraik, a Scots merchant. In 1894 the Castle was sold to the French Mission who incorporated a Gothic Chapel and Crypt. The main body of the building incorporated a printing workshop. In 1954 the Castle was purchased by the University of Hong Kong and used as residence for male students.